When you are pulled over on suspicion of DWI, the likelihood of being arrested is 95% as soon as you step out of the car. Being arrested in Louisiana for DWI, or DUI (for minors under 21 years) can be devastating both personally and professionally. Depending on the severity of your DUI offense and your LA driving record, you could face harsh penalties. Your DUI penalties for a 1st offense may include the following:
- A suspended LA driver’s license for up to 1 year (or a permanent revocation).
- You will need to pay reinstatement fees so you can drive again.
- Up to 6 months in jail.
- Community service.
- Completion of a driver improvement program.
- Completion of a substance abuse program.
- Proof of financial responsibility for 3 years.